Thread: i cut
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 03:09 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  
nandm
Life the gift of recovery!

Helpwanted, I too am sorry no one was there for you when you were struggling. I do hope in the future you are able to find support when you need it.

Like Hydrogirl said this is a voluntary community which means we don't necessarily have someone here 24/7. Even though we have many people here they may not check the mental health forum for new posts as they may primarily be part of the alcoholism, Narcotics, or friends and family sections. So even when it appears people are online they may not be online in this section so you may not get a prompt reply. I wish that were different but for now that is the way it is.

My daughter was a cutter for a long period of time. She has since recovered from it. She did not use a program but was able to change it on her own. I do not know much about cutting myself but do know there is help out there. I would suggest checking into some recovery programs or finding a mental health provider as they may be able to help. I do hope you find the help you seek in the future. Take care.