View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 06:41 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
BadCompany

Originally Posted by Antiderivative View Post
No, but I see that we need to try this again.

One early member in AA pushed the disease theory as an outside issue. Her name was Marty Mann. I never said that the current disease concept was a fabrication started by AA as a whole. I also said Smithers was a philanthropist. Does that mean that every philanthropist pushed the modern day disease theory? Using your reasoning, you could have easily ask the same question, but you did not. Instead, you thought I was attacking AA, saw what you wanted to see, and arrived at a distorted assumption.
Well than maybe you can explain why you say that you want to take a look at the history of the disease concept and then only mention a single AA members involvement on it. That clearly implies that it began with AA.
Originally Posted by Antiderivative View Post
Take a look at the history of the disease concept. It was pushed by Marty Mann, the first woman in AA. She funded Dr. Jellinik who played an early and vital role in the disease concept. However, it turned out the Dr. Jellinik was a cheat who fabricated
Your post is clearly dishonest and follows in a very subtle manner the dishonesty of the standard anti AA nonsense.

If someone doesn't want this AA stuff legitimately that's fine. But lying to them, lying to people that are in a fight for their lives is a terrible thing to do.