View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 06:27 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
mygrandfather

Hi everyone!

The morning is just picture perfect. Some Canada geese squawking outside, birds, some kids playing.

Ok Soph I will try the avatar thing, I have a few good pics to choose from. MJ, I have an awesome book through which I plowed last night, it's called In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson, he also wrote Devil in the White City. This book is about the US ambassador to Germany in the mid 1930's when Hitler was consolidating power. The book is more about the Ambassador's family and how they adjusted to life there after having lived in Chicago and then how they saw the country change for the worse. It's a great read. Devil in the White City is amazing too.

I was just thinking to myself, this life change cannot be a solo effort. Life in general shouldn't be solo but something like sobriety and making it permanent is just hard to do on your own. I should be on the lake now, we should have been out there two hours ago...instead I got two snoring lumps in the next room. Waiting for them to get up and move is like getting a 100-car freight train rolling. Would be nice to have someone to go out on the lake with. Maybe next year.

On the positive side, I feel pretty good, I have no worries about last night, no headache, and six months is indeed approaching. Middle of June for me.