View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 07:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

Was It The Basketball? or the Booze?

I read stuff like this (what follows below) everyday. Thought I would share this one in particular, as it seems the media wants you to think that he did this so that he could watch basketball....but at a bar. I think he did it for the booze. The good part about this story in particular, compared to most of the stories I read everyday, is that thankfully no one died.

And by the way, if Jonathan Weaver's girlfriend is on here, posting... Yes, you should dump him, and no, you should not forgive him. And no, do not go visit him in jail. Even if you love him. Feelings aren't everything.

Jonathan Weaver, Moron of the Day:
Bound & Gagged Toddlers to Watch NBA Playoffs
By Pete Kotz
Friday, May 27, 2011, at 7:00 am

​Jonathan Weaver really likes basketball. The problem was that he was supposed to babysit his girlfriends two boys, ages 1 and 2, during the NBA playoffs. And even though he's not a real man, he wanted to go to the bar to watch them in a simulated attempt to be a real man...

His girlfriend was attending night school that night, so Weaver came up with a fabulous idea. He put the kids in their car seats, bound, hooded and gagged them, placed them in the apartment building garage, then headed off to the bar.

His plan was foiled when a neighbor heard crying from the garage. It seems Weaver had yet to reach a level of accomplishment in the old gagging division. The neighbor called the cops, who discovered the kids had been tied up for two hours.

This didn't end good for Weaver. He's spent the last two years in the Clark County jail awaiting trial. He eventually decided to plead guilty to avoid going before a jury, since he surely would have been lit up for being such an *******.

Instead, he pleaded to two counts of felony child abuse. A judge sentenced him to 2-6 years. And since he's already served two years awaiting trial, he should be eligible for parole in the matter of weeks, just in time for the NBA Finals.