View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 08:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CheekyAngel

Is there really nothing more i can do

Okay, last post i made i forgot i was aking medical question so im not putting anything like that into this. But how can you help an alcoholic who is sick but wont help themselves? I know she is sick and i was with her yesterday and it kills me to watch her go thru this. She is so stubbern and its truely fustrating coz i want her to get help, but it seems she doesnt want to help herself.
She said to me the other day, i know deep down there i something seriously medically wrong - well then if you know this they why the f wont you get yourself seen to. Is there really nothing else i can do for her? Is this it? I have said my peice and pleaded with her...but i cant watch her health get worse anymore. She is killing herself and i am watching this happen. I feel that i should be doing more but dunno what other options i have. I know deep down there isnt much i can do, but its not nice to watch someone you love detereate.
I know what might happen in the end but im the only one she has ever really listened to in the past (a little listening she took in) and i feel its my responcibility to do something. But is there really nothing i can do? I know the answer already, its just hard.