View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 10:17 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
ReadyAndAble

Soph, face it, you are terrific!

MGF, way to go! Now remember Blackberries can be addictive too. If you can moderate the email, fine... but if not we'll be here for you. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

BF, sorry it's hard right now. Soph's right, you know, it gets much better with time. Meanwhile, that's good advice about keeping a full stomach and getting some exercise. I'd also suggest making a list of stuff to keep you busy all through the long weekend; errands, dog walks, going to see a movie, eating out, window shopping, going for a long drive, calling an old friend... whatever you can think to do. I know when I've felt the cravings come on, it seems like worst thing I can do is to just sit and be alone with them. Keeping myself busy means keeping myself focused on something—anything—other than drinking. And it couldn't hurt to try some face-to-face support. Seems like Soph has made cool new friends in her women's meetings, and MJ and Hooped have really benefitted too. You've got nothing to lose but an hour of your time...

OK, getting off the soapbox now, BF. I just don't want to see you go through another morning of regret. Every day we put between ourselves and our last drink makes life a little bit easier.