View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 08:47 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
mygrandfather

Hi everybody.

Wifi makes it to the Northwoods! I'm up here in the Wisconsin/Michigan border area. Beautiful country. Saw a Bald Eagle today, caught two smallmouth bass one of which was a whopper, just had some amazing pizza in the little tavern, but most importantly, stayed on course despite numerous opportunities to have a shot or a beer or both.

Nobody is pressuring mind you, it's just what you do up here. So that initial "I'll have a coke" kinda seems weird to everyone. Going back to VC's post from the other day and what I have read in here since, yes it is so so easy to see a false romantic side to all of this. Everybody looks like their having sooo much fun. I thought that too tonight but then I just remember last year's trip, feeling hungover almost every day....and the awful drive back to Duluth to the airport. I was a wreck, physically and mentally. The kind of hangover that makes one feel like there is a gaping hole where life used to be.

So I'm back at the cabin, having some popcorn, checking in, and looking forward to tomorrow morning. Trying to stop checking my work blackberry.

Hope you are all well tonight. I may have some fun pics to post soon so stay tuned!