Thread: Checking in
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 06:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
reggiewayne

Checking in

Hey everyone!

I hope you all are doing well. I just wanted to say hi. I have been working a lot more than normal (dammit!) and haven't had the chance to come here as much lately. It's funny, when we sober up and get into recovery we can handle things like jobs, relationships, family, finances, etc... Turns out those thing require a good amount of time. Having said that, SR will ALWAYS be a very important part of my recovery. My decreased activity will not become a habit (sorry - you're stuck listening to me) LOL...

Sobreity is a stange trip. One minute I'm on top of the world and booze is the furthest thing from me. The next, I struggle with life and thought comes back. Other times I'm just content being me (something I never was when I was drinking). I think that is what I love most about recovery - being OK in my clothes, my house, my car, and my skin...

You guys have been there for me so many times throughout this process. The past month or so has been challenging to say the least, but I (with help) got through it. Day in and day out I stay sober - one day at a time - and I have a lot of help. I have so many tools to help me now. About six months ago, I had one tool for life and that was 100 proof Kentucky Bourban. Everything in my life was filtered through alcohol. It's nice to live life with out the distortion that alcohol caused.

I wish everyone the best! Unless somethign goes terribly wrong, I'll be going to bed sober soon!

Good night all!