View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 11:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sjr

funeral today for my AD's friend...

My AD checked her self into detox. I haven't heard from her at all, and the treatment center of course won't give me any information. So i hope she is still there. I pray everyday that she finds her way.

Today her friend is being buried. She OD from using that bath salt crap. I didn't know her, but from what I hear, she was a very sweet girl, that had a very big problem. I'm so sad for her family it's breaking my heart. I almost feel like every time we lose an addict we are losing the fight. My daughter has lost so many friends to drug addiction, that in a weird way, i feel lucky that I at least know my daughter is still here with me. And there is still a fighting chance.

I can not fathom how that product came onto the market!! It is sold at gas stations across the states!!! It's LEGAL!!! It's cheap!!! And it is so readily available it's scary. And most of all it is killing our kids!! It gives these kids who didn't have the balls to use "illegal" drugs an OK to do it....why shouldn't they, it's sold right there at the counter of the convenience store. It gives kids who are already using, something else to try. Why wouldn't they, they can literally purchase it in front of law enforcement per say, go home use it, and possibly die!!

I am just having a bad day. An overwhelming day. Someone else's daughter is being laid to rest as I do this. 25 years old she was. I feel so selfish in that I thank God it wasn't my daughter.

She was someone's daughter, someone's friend, someone's heart. May she rest in peace now.