View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 06:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
japabp2000

Questions about early recovery..

Hi everyone. Hope you all are well. I have a few questions that maybe some of you can answer. As some of you may know my husband just got out of a 30 day rehab facility Saturday. This is his first time sober for 5 years. First, I want to ask..is it normal for him to not know how to answer me on certain things? He explained it as him feeling like something is just "not right"..and he also said he feels extremely "dumb". While he was using he wasn't like this. Not that I want him using again by no means, but I'm just wondering if this is normal. Second question I have..is it normal that he doesn't want to talk to anyone besides me? He doesn't even want to call his mother, he says he doesn't want her questioning him about anything. Its almost like he just wants to hide here in the house. Of course he wants a job and has to have one because my disability is absolutely nothing..but I wonder if he can even work? While filling out an application the other day it was like he got sooo aggravated and anxious because he couldn't remember dates of when he worked before. Sigh. We have attended one AA meeting together. We had to borrow gas money and a vehicle just to get to that one and it was an hour away. There are absolutely no Al Anon meetings anywhere close so I can't go to any. He is attending telephone AA meetings each night. Sorry if this is confusing to anyone, but I'm super confused myself and full of questions. Thanks in advance.