Thread: A choice?
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 04:23 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Pete55

yeah SC, what I quoted does not mean literaly leave, it means for us who practice the 12 Steps, in my case I have learnt from the BB of AA from a 20 year + sober member with experience of taking the steps, which means this member has had trials, errors, and victories on the day, shows the way from the BB, and part of their own story FROM the actual experience of taking the steps. How that person felt in THEIR own words on thier own respective journey.
That's what I was saying, that I am not in control here, I dopn't know why I'm here, but I find the path here from others is the same path I taking be it online or out there, and that is now to try to carry the message of hope and recovery from alcoholism, just as the 12th Step implies,
"Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics,...."

as the result of these steps
Means exactly that, the result, we kicked goals, not just read about the goals others kicked.
Then
we tried to carry this message to alcoholics

we try, as the authors are telling us something in past tense, they did something, they tried.
I like what they did, so I will try it to, but before I can try, I need to get those results from practicing the preceding steps.
It's a recipe fro recovery.