View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 08:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Florence

So the people at my bank are so incompetent, I swear. I've been trying to open a new account, link them for money transfers, and move the money for the last three days. Still not working yet. I'm hoping this will be done by the end of the day today.

Apparently the "R"AH took that as a sign that I wasn't really going to do it, and has been sweet as pie since our meeting with the counselor on Saturday. When I mentioned in passing last night that I was still dividing the funds, he turned on a dime and started throwing out snide remarks whenever he did something for me, saying, "I'll put it on your bill." Etc etc. [I heard someone recently say that it wasn't the alcoholism that killed the marriage, it was the assholish attitude and immaturity. I believe it.]

I don't know why I didn't disengage and let it go, but I reminded him that this was a done deal, that he understood why on Saturday, and that his counselor said that it was not only important that he give meaningful contributions to the family but that I stick to this boundary. He didn't like that and threw a big ol' fit about how hard it was to make money and find a job. He then said that since he wasn't able to come up with money to pay bills and rent that he'd have to move out. I said okay, whatever. I know full well he's full of it.

I'm not surprised that he's resentful about it, but I was surprised with the way he lashed out. I had a mini-meltdown last night, and told him this morning that we need to find a way to live together or split up, that this funds division is happening, and that I shouldn't have to endure endless insults and tears as a toll for being in the marriage. I deserve better.

Not happy today, but I'm standing firm on this boundary. Hopefully the *%&#()! bank people will get their heads on straight so I can move forward. If he decides to have a tizzy and move out, that puts me in the same position I'm in now except with one less mouth to feed and body to clothe, so. WHATEVER. At least I can rebuild my savings.