Thread: A choice?
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 06:33 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Supercrew

Well, I started doing CBT, (Cognitive Behavorial Therapy), a method that I had learned close to 20 years prior to keep me from drinking for the short term. Once the positive aspects of sobriety kicked in and I received positive feedback from people close to me and this forum it made the subconscious thing real. Then I added positive things to my life and things that could replace what alcohol did for me, like a daily routine of working out etc. Then I attacked it on the diet and supplement front so I am very healthy now. Then I did alot of relaxation and self-hypnosis/meditation. This might have been where I made a major impact on the sub-conscious.

I am currently studying some other methods to reach the subconscious and maybe eventually help other people. I am glad that AA helped "reprogram your subconscious", I agree it does that for alot of people. I would like to see more people realize what is really occurring when they have their spiritual awakening. Basically the subconscious got the message.