Old 05-24-2011, 05:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Stryfe

I quit drinking for 2 months this year. I don't how I did it.

Earlier this year, I quit drinking for about two months after a very scary experience of getting beat up by a drinking acquaintance and being put in the hospital. I don't even remember getting hit in the face I just remember walking down the path in my neighborhood with a regular drinking acquaintance. Next thing you know, I wake up naked in the hospital getting stitches in my face. The experience scared me enough to get me quit drinking for as long as I did. However, I started drinking again on my birthday in the beginning of April. Since then, I have been drinking every week again. Sometimes I am able to pace myself out and drink only 2-4 beers moderately and not get drunk. Other times I get totally drunk and wake-up hungover. I still get the urge to drink. Friday was the last time I got drunk. I had 3 beers on Sunday paced out and didn't get drunk. I need the motivation to stop drinking like I did two months ago. I've been drinking and binge drinking regularly ever since I went to college a little under four years ago. I'm ready to grow up and quit drinking like a immature drunk fratboy or a ghetto hoodbooger loser getting drunk in front of a liquor store. It is hard for me right now being an unemployed recent college grad who finished school a year ago with few employment prospects. I am currently working creating corporate/company websites for people for FREE just so my time will be occupied with something positive and constructive that will fatten up my resume and portfolio and get me on my feet working at a real job one day.