View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 12:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
gold1009

What Was Your Detox Like?

Its been awhile but I'm still around and still drinking......

I'm curious about detox. My dad is an alcoholic and is detox'ing right now in a hospital (for the 5000th time) and it's really severe. No seizures this time but hallucinations, he doesn't know where he is or who he is, shaking, cold, sweats, can't even walk, can't talk, etc.

He has been an alcoholic all his life. As of current time, he "says" he is drinking a pint of vodka every other day. Yes, that it is alot of alcohol by normal people's standards but is that "enough" to cause the detox that he goes through? Or is he lying about the amount he drinks? Or is his detox so bad because he is 60 and has been an alcoholic for over 40 years? I'm confused......He also is addicted to pain pills so is his detox more severe because of that?????

And that makes me scared for me. I'm an alcoholic too. But high functioning. I've never blacked-out, not done anything because of being drunk or hung-over, no dui's, I exercise regularly, eat fairly well, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah (no excuses here just saying) but I drink every other day as well and I drink a lot for my size. Will that mean that my detox will be like his? It makes me scared......