View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 11:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hope2be

Hanging in there

Well, I have been to my third meeting and it is getting better. I am determined to go to at least 6 in a row before I decide if it's working for me or not. I'm still trying to settle in and get comfortable with this small group.

My AD continues to live with me as well as my grandaughter. It's better than I thought it would ever be, but I think it is because I am constantly reading up on codie issues, which keeps the focus on me.

MY AD is still planning on moving up north with her daughter. I'm really trying hard to give this to my HP and await for a peaceful "OK" from within. I feel so different now and question if I should step back and allow her to take on the responsibility of a parent. Of course, I do not feel that she is ready, but as a Grandmother, would I ever feel like my AD is ready? Probably not. I am stepping back while they are under my roof and she seems to be handling her motherly responsibilities better than she ever has in the past. I guess my biggest concern is I don't want to feel guilty if she leaves with her daughter and something bad happens.

I see some changes in my recovery. Whenever I am told or hear of one of my adult children's issues, I step back and think...is this my problem?.. what am I feeling? .. do I want to take this problem on?..etc. I still slip sometimes, but when I look back I can see that it's far less than before. All I know is, I feel a lot of weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.

Any feedback is welcome