Old 05-23-2011, 01:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
TD252

Update: Visited on Saturday at which point she gave me a letter where she said that she loved me and had no interest in any other man. I WANT to believe her . . . but this is after months and months of lies so I'm still guarded. In any event, I left the rehab facility feeling pretty good about the situation and was looking forward to her having a pass for Sunday . . . that is until I checked her Facebook that night. (Just to let everyone know, I'm doing this with her permission as she wants me to update her daily on her texts, phone calls, email, facebook posts so she can respond back to people. In fact that's usually a part of our telephone conversations.) Of course, he had sent her two messages from, strangely, his wife's facebook account (what's up with that?). He asked if she missed him and gave her his phone number. Naturally, I always find this out after the phones are closed and I cannot talk to her about it until the next day. I somehow resisted the urge to send back a "How about you work on your relationship with your wife and kids and I'll worry about my wife?" message.

We went to eat during her pass and spent the rest of the time with our son. I again told her how I felt about the situation and she said that while she had not felt anything toward the guy other than friendship that obviously it was something she should not have done. She will actually be out of inpatient treatment this week so it should be interesting.

So, in the end, I feel better about the situation . . . but I remember all those lies.