View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 06:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
PapaNico

I have a mom who is the same sort of non-stopper, and it is really tough to handle. She got a DUI for being so drunk when I was 11 years old, that she pulled over halfway toward dropping me home to my father's house and I had to drive the rest of the way home... I will never forget the night. She was also booked for attempted murder for stabbing her boyfriend multiple times after arguing while drunk: I found out about this incident after coming home from a camping trip during which I proposed to my wonderful wife. Talk about a buzz kill. She still calls me faded and acts like she is going to off herself, or that she has combined a bunch of meds with her vodka and is "going to go to sleep" and I have to put my life on hold to put up with her mess. I can relate to your boyfriend's quandary completely, and if he would like to have a one on one interface, I would be happy to do so. It is hard, it is painful, it has made me turn to the booze at times because I am such a sensitive person; I applaud your boyfriend for how he carries himself in dealing with his mother. Please let me know if I can do anything to help. SR is a great place to find support, no matter what your battle.