Thread: Just Joined
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 01:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
roadie4000

Just Joined

Good morning soberrecovery.com
I have a problem with binge drinking. It so far has cost me relationships, jobs, respect, a DUI and money.

I was looking at your forums yesterday and it has opened my eyes. I've seen so many patterns that fit me and the way that things could become.

I tried to go it alone before and fell off hard. I was sober for 2 months and then that 'oh well done, treat yourself to a beer' turned into wrecking a hotel room, peeing in my managers front room, starting fights with colleagues and I need to stop it. dead.

Its the same as other people I've read, that one turns into 10 turns into 20, lucky to not have woken up in the cells.

I'm too scared to go back into work today after the weekend. I need to beat my problem forever and keep myself under control. I realised this and i got home from work yesterday, cried, an hour, it wasnt nice but I think it was the realisation agin that I need to try harder.

I'm on day 3. Currently looking for a new job as im too ashamed to go back to work. I thought I could control myself for a few drinks but I got stupid and cost myself everything.