View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 07:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BeProactive

Refusing to leave

AH is refusing to leave. He came back 2 weeks ago and I couldn't make him leave even though the lease is in my name (I called the cops - since we are still married, they said they couldn't do anything). He is drinking as usual, not following any rules or respecting any boundaries - being very depressed/drinking/sleeping. I am meeting with the divorce lawyer tomorrow to give the retainer check and go over the forms. In the meantime I am finding it intolerable to live with him. The kids don't want him around either now, after their initial happniness at seeing him. He is either passed out drunk or tries to hug them too hard (depressed and he needs human contact) or orders them to do things for him - I am forever rescuing them.

I found another unit that we could move into in the same apartment complex - but that is available only on June 16th. Even if I move into the new unit - what do I do if he tries to come in? I called the cop who came when I tried to get AH to leave 2 weeks ago and left a message for him yesterday - he has not called back. I wanted to ask what papers would they need me to show in order to help me (lease in my name, divorce papers filed enough?) if he tries to move into the new unit with us and I called them for help? I asked my divorce lawyer - she said moving to new unit + new lease in my name + divorced papers should give me more grounds in my support but suggested that I consult an landlord/tenant issues lawyer for this.

Along with the divorce papers, my lawyer said she would include vacate house request and I typed out a summary of all that AH does that makes it intolerable for the kids and me to live with him. I really hope it works .

Sorry for the jumbled rambling but I am so frustrated and so tired. I just want him out and I want to live in peace with my kids. I informed his family but am not on counting them much for help. I don't have family around either with whom I could move in for a little while. I am even considering moving into a hotel..

Appreciate any and all thoughts.

Thanks.