View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 04:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Desertrose

TY for your replies. Believe or not, I feel like I know each and everyone of you. I have been reading these boards...for that long of time!!!!

Everything I have read, I knew was the right way to go. Sometimes, when children are involved it can get confusing. Felt like I was fogged up.

My husband and I read everything and are feeling very comfortable with bringing the g-kids here for a few days and then taking them on a river rafting trip (we think we can still do it!!) on the Colorado river. AS will be invited....he won't go. Can't find meth in the wilderness!!!

We know we are running out of time with them. The grandson will be 15 next summer and will be able to go to work in the state they live in. He really wants to do this so he will have his own money.

We are going to do what is best for the kids and us. If our AS balks, too bad. Nothing changes if nothing changes.

I have felt that we were in the middle for a long time. I was trying to make sure AS got to see his kids. After all, when he cleaned up, he would be grateful that I had done that for him. NOT

I also read the sticky about talking to children about addiction. I may order a book or two and let the kids know what is going on in a gentle way.

I am working this program and so grateful that you all cared to give me your thoughts.