Thread: QUACKERs....
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 04:36 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by Alone22 View Post
WTBH man you really hit it on the nail with me today. I heard that one today as well. He goes to work, cleans the pool, takes the car to be washed etc but I don't see that good in him and tell him about it. My response: I get up everyday, pack lunches, take kids to school, scrub the toilets, mop floors, do the laundry and I don't get any thing from him in return either.

Going to work and doing household chores does not make up for alcoholic BS. Somehow in his mind he thinks by doing stuff like going to work and cleaning the pool makes up for all of his negative stuff. Ummm NO!
Yeah, that kind of "praise me for being an adult" b.s. drives me insane. I'm an adult, I have responsibilities, I do what I need to, I don't expect anyone (nor do I want or think I deserve) to kiss my ass for being a grown up.

AH however thinks that waking up and going to work warrants a Times Square ticker tape parade-- and again, like a fool I gave him this for a long time bc he told me if I did then he'd _____________ (be less sensitive to "criticism", be honest, want to spend time at home with me etc...) I guess in a way I taught him it was okay to behave like that and have that belief set. And when I stopped in my tracks and woke up that did not go over well at all and I've been a self centered, cold bitch in his estimation ever since...

And this self centered, cold bitch will be very happy being alone and is pretty sure that others don't see me quite the same way he does!