Thread: QUACKERs....
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 02:05 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
sesh

Great thread.
After leaving my AH over 5 months ago, after he started drinking again after 4 months of sobriety (that happened after he nearly died from liver cirrhosis) and after finding out he was cheating on me for years, and that he had a new girlfriend at the time, I started spending some time with him recently, since he asked me for help as he wanted to go into rehab and needed someone to stay close to him until he is admitted, as he didn't trust himself not to drink if spending too much time alone.
Well, I was seeing him every day for about 3 weeks, and boy did it bring back some memories of quacking.
One day he kept saying how hurt he is that I was seeing someone briefly after we separated, and I thought that was funny considering all of his infidelities, so I told him why bring that up, I'm being a friend and supportive now, I'm here for you, why don't we leave it at that. But he kept insisting he was never unfaithful to me. When I had enough I gave him a piece of paper I found after he moved out with a poem he wrote for his GF, even her name was on it. And I said Could we just cut the crap now and be honest.
He read it and his face was showing such a hurt and he said:
"Why did you do this, now you have spoiled my day."
I mean, is he for real?

And few days later, after spending all day in the car driving him to rehab for the interview and back, when pulling my car in front of his mum's he said to me:
"How come you don't realize I was to you the best husband one can ask for?"
I laughed so hard, I though I'd die, and he said:
"What? why are you laughing? What's funny?"

Priceless. As someone else said here I can't even be angry with him, I mean just imagine his state of mind when he can come up with such things to say, after everything he has done.