Old 05-22-2011, 11:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MeredithD1
Present

MAY 22 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

MAY 22 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

“To get a good, firm hold on the Al-Anon idea,” said a speaker one evening, “Keep it Simple!” Because it is simple and our slogans prove it. The whole purpose of Al-Anon is to help us iron out the rough spots in our living, and that can be done only One Day at a Time.

“Do you see what I’m trying to tell you?” he went on. “Those were two of our slogans, part of our Al-Anon therapy: Keep It Simple and One Day at a Time.

“Let’s take a look at the others and notice how all of them are aimed at a relaxed approach. ‘Away with grim determination, hurry and fretting,’ says Al-Anon to her confused and struggle-weary members.

“Here are those great tension-relieveres: Let Go and Let God – Easy Does It – Live and Let Live – First Things First.”

Today’s Reminder

I will remind myself every day, and in all times of tension, to let go and relax. I will realize that, even in doing nothing about my problems, I am actively practicing the Al-Anon idea.

“Slow motion gets you there faster.” – (attributed to songwriter Hoagy Carmichael)