View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 07:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Desertrose

Thoughts, please

Hello: I have been reading the boards daily and have learned so much. With the help of all of you, I have come along way in my relationship with my AS.

AS has been using crystal meth for 8 yrs. now. He has two children (13 &14)that come from another state for summer visits. They have always stayed with me. Sometimes, AS is available to visit, sometimes not. He had just gotten out of jail last year when the kiddos were due to come for the summer. I allowed him to stay in our home (thinking jail cured him). It was a nice visit. Soon as the kids went home, he started using again. So in a years time, he has had short visits in jail, lost his drivers license for not paying fines and has little had little jobs (pay under the table kind).

The grandkids are so excited to come soon. I just don't know what to do about AS. If I do not allow him to see the kids, he will be furious. I have not seen him in 6 months and he lives 1/2 mile away from me. He still drives but has no license, insurance or registration. I don't know how he is doing.

I am thinking that maybe it is not a good idea to have the kids this summer. It will be a huge disappoint to them. They think their dad is doing good.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.