Old 05-19-2011, 12:27 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
krug

Originally Posted by Froglet View Post
Hi All,

I am writing this because I want people here to evaluate my situation, especially my sweating and anxiety. Yesterday at work, I had an impromptu meeting at work. We stood in a circle.

As expected, my anxiety and brain went off on its own, beginning to worry about me sweating, worrying about when the meeting was going to end, & whether or not I would be picked on to talk. More so, I asked myself why my brain is throbbing and on over-active mode.

10ish minutes into the meeting, I started to sweat. I sensed a giant rush of heat and push in my body and head. I excused myself to the bathroom for a bit, to wipe and then return. I started to ponder whether I should've taken a small benzo.

The odd thing is, on a one to one talk in a room, I am more able to be myself and speak and not sweat (although it still has happened before). When I leave office, and in my car, all the anxiety lifts and I can be myself.

As of this post, I have been 3 weeks off of a small dose of benzo for as needed. 1 weekish off of drinking.

What do you folks think? It seems this is an issue I've always had, hence the benzo prescription after checking w/ doctors.

please help.
Oh I've lived this. I hated getting called on the spot, or getting in front of my co-workers. Believe it or not, in time, even the xanax didn't help.

It's cognitive, it's thought. Try deep breathing, try drinking ice cold water before said meeting, NO COFFEE, EVER. Easier said than done.