Old 05-19-2011, 07:58 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Zube

Angry Test # 5 update, kind of disappointed...

Test # 5 Update... (for those who remember...)

Passed. Kind of disappointed though...

Here is how it played out. My wife went back to Ohio to the hospital to be by her brother's bedside in ICU due to his liver complications, as well as blood clots (he needs a new liver). They were going to put a stint in his liver, and gave him a 50% chance of survival. I was reluctant to speak about this at work, I usually keep my home life at home, and work at work (especially now). Well, after a week, I brought it up to a co-worker, as well as my boss, letting her know that if something were to happen, I may have to cut my scheduled sales trip short and go be with my wife, and possibly to a funeral.

That was yesterday morning. When I came back to the office from lunch, I coincidentally got a call from Human Resources telling me that I had to go take a breathalyzer test. The Human Resources girl simply said, "our records show that we haven't tested you in awhile, so now would be a good time." Nice timing.

I don't see it as coincidence, or random, but rather "we know that Zube is stressed out about his brother in law going into surgery, and how his wife is taking it, so let's test him to see if he drank at lunch."

I haven't touched a drink since November 21st, 2010. Saturday will be my 6 month milestone. I go to AA 5 to 7 nights a week, have a strong home group and a great sponsor, and I am working the steps. Step 4, actually. I'm trying to not be resentful, but I think that this one will make my resentment list. Actually, I'm sure it will.

I'll include this in my daily "resentment" and "forgiveness" prayers. I'll talk about it with my sponsor. I'll move forward. But I'll probably update my resume as well.

Side note: Brother in law made it thorugh 4 hour surgery last night, but for the grace of God. Still has a long recovery, more surgeries scheduled, and in need of a liver, but at least he's alive.

Thaks for letting me share...
Zube