View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 09:31 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
OklaBH

Originally Posted by ProfessorFudger View Post
Not one person is the same, and while we all have gone through the same nightmare, I have noticed we all share differing recovery methods. I am 58 days, and went through inpatient detox, and since then haven't changed a thing, I still play pool on a Monday but drink tea, I still attend social events, and drink tea, and don't do anything different at home other than drink tea instead of beer. I think thinking about ways to change behaviour actually does the opposite, and makes you think about it. I have more money now to say the least, and I still up a bit later rather than the missus dragging me to bed, but by the by, I haven't changed my routines. I never had a withdrawal after detox, I never wanted a beer, needed a beer, and had any urge to have a beer. Since my quit date, I have never looked back, only forward. Ive made plent of mistakes, and cannot change the past, but I can affect my future, and our bodies do millions of different actions per day, the only think I have concentrate on is not putting a glass of beer to my lips, that it, is it for me that simple, but hey I know its not that easy for others dont get me wrong, and hopefully if I can pass any enthusism, optimism, or inspiration to anyone on here I will gladly keep posting long into recovery.

Glad its easy for you and you didn't have to change anything, good deal. But....isn't going inpatient and posting all the time on SR changes? I'm not trying to take your thunder but you've made changes. Inpatient is huge.