View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 08:52 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
ProfessorFudger
The Winner Takes It All!!!!!

Not one person is the same, and while we all have gone through the same nightmare, I have noticed we all share differing recovery methods. I am 58 days, and went through inpatient detox, and since then haven't changed a thing, I still play pool on a Monday but drink tea, I still attend social events, and drink tea, and don't do anything different at home other than drink tea instead of beer. I think thinking about ways to change behaviour actually does the opposite, and makes you think about it. I have more money now to say the least, and I still up a bit later rather than the missus dragging me to bed, but by the by, I haven't changed my routines. I never had a withdrawal after detox, I never wanted a beer, needed a beer, and had any urge to have a beer. Since my quit date, I have never looked back, only forward. Ive made plent of mistakes, and cannot change the past, but I can affect my future, and our bodies do millions of different actions per day, the only think I have concentrate on is not putting a glass of beer to my lips, that it, is it for me that simple, but hey I know its not that easy for others dont get me wrong, and hopefully if I can pass any enthusism, optimism, or inspiration to anyone on here I will gladly keep posting long into recovery.