View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 07:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
EmeraldRose

Originally Posted by daviddocum View Post
I'm going to exercise 60 minutes a day.

I know what my problem is, I know why I drink, it's no big fricken mystery. I know why I want to stop, I know why I need to stop, again not rocket science.
Me, too. After hitting 6 week rehab I had a revelation and everything became clear. Everything was understandable and it does make it easier not to go back to drinking.
After a 30 year addiction it was time to change the person who I was. I had to look deep within and try to come to terms with the person I really was. The person I had been all those years and never even had a chance to really know.
Understanding why you drank and knowing why you need to stop is key. BUT you need to change why you drank from within. That means getting in touch with your feelings...your emotions...learning how to deal with life sober. Taking it one day at a time...and hurdling obstacles as they appear not running around them and leaving them to fester like we would while drinking. All the ideas and hobbies and books in the world won't work if you aren't willing to change your heart.