Thread: Wanted to share
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 11:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

Originally Posted by kittykitty View Post
When I left, he was actually mad at me because he was researching engagement rings, and was going to pop the question this summer, and I was ruining it all. The fact that I had been telling him for months that I wasn't happy with how things were, none of it ever sunk in. It was almost insulting to me that he thought I was naive enough to marry and reproduce with him, but that's just more proof of how sick he is I guess.
Mine listened solemnly to me on visiting day while he was in rehab, as I explained to him how much his behavior had hurt me, and how when he got out I wanted to go backwards in our relationship, and work on rebuilding the lost trust. I informed him that my good feelings for him were no longer romantic love, but more the goodwill you have towards a neighbor, and that if we were going to continue forward as a couple then that had to be addressed and rebuilt, as well. He looked hurt, but respectful, so I thought he actually was listening.

Until immediately afterwards he got down on his knees on the concrete rehab floor and started to propose. I cut him off before he could finish the question, to which he replied, "I understand. You want it to be special... Would you like me to get you a ring?"

There's no getting through to these people.
I went no contact the next day.