Old 05-14-2011, 10:12 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
EmeraldRose

Hi Dom and welcome.
As others have stated it does sound exhausting and since I quit I can't see spending so much energy on booze. It just takes so much time and effort and really, where is it getting you? My energy sober is so much more useful in other areas of my life. Four drinks is nothing and it would be hardly worth my energy. LOL
I've been drinking all of my adult life (30 years). I have tried many times to 'not to drink so much'. Not to the extent that you have but regardless it would always waver back to the insanity.
Now that I've quit some 100 days or so now I can honestly say that I am so relieved that it is all over. It's out of my life. It's out of my mind. I'm not obsessing over it anymore and I am finally free from its grip. I just can't see worrying about it for the rest of my life. I have other things to think about besides drinking.
I'm not sure where you expect to go with your moderation. Are you planning on 'thinking' about it every single time you drink for the rest of your living days? You can call it an obssession with reduction or whatever you feel necessary for justification but to me as a recovering alcoholic it does sound obsessive.
Wishing you peace and strength.