View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 01:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
sandrawg

I know, right? with some hindsight I laugh on a regular basis about his behaviors.

I find it hilarious that he tried to make me think in the beginning of the relationship that his drinking was "because I hate my living situation." Gee, do you think the drinking stopped when he moved out? OF COURSE NOT!

Or the whole thing with his alcoholic, pothead ex he hooked back up with. Now that's really hilarious. His attitude about the whole thing is so irrational and shows how much denial he is in. At heart he has no respect for her and knows how lame she is, so he makes up stories about why he's with her. For ex he told me that whey they were first together 7 yrs ago it was "because of her friends. Her friends pushed me into a relationship with her."

Apparently, the only reason he got back with her after I gave him an ultimatum about drinking is "because she was hanging out with the friend I was hanging out with." LOL! As if he has no choice.

See? This is where it makes it hard to know if this is the alcoholism (because he's with her because she's an enabler), or if he's intrinsically a liar and a manipulator.

Our relationship was full of cr*p like this. It really is very funny when I think about it.

Originally Posted by strengthtobeone View Post
Sandrawg, I keep reading the last line
I'm just not sure if all the manipulation he did of me, was part of his disease or just his personality was really lame.

It makes me laugh. This disease is so baffling cunning and powerful, right? What you said cracks me up. It is very true.