Old 05-14-2011, 01:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
DominicC

First, I want to thank everyone who responded. I appreciate the support as well as the critical comments. At first I was a little annoyed at the latter, and then I realized, after some thought, that you guys were telling me a hard truth that I needed to hear. At the end of the day I was patting myself on the back for going from "insane drinker" to "heavy drinker" which honestly, isn't something to celebrate.

To those of you who said my counting system was "exhausting," well, I supposed it was a fair amount of work. But without it, I would never have reducing my consumption by 50-60%. I'm in a much better place now because of it, a place where I can even consider reading forums like these...

All that said, I think you all are right. Yesterday I had two drinks only: 1 beer and 1.5 oz of liquor. It was easier than I thought it was going to be. Based on your feedback, I may quit entirely soon or I may try to maintain at 1-2 drinks a day for awhile. I'm taking the definition of "moderate" much more seriously now. In the meantime, I'll read more of these forums and think about my decision. Either way, there will be no more free passes or "today I won't count" crap. I need to be responsible about this. It isn't worth the damage it might do to me.

Thanks for your feedback.