Thread: Nightmares
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 07:51 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
PapaNico

I have had the same experience as I've dried out; I celebrate a week tomorrow. They are terrible. Sometimes I can see things, other times all I hear are horrific noises. From what everybody else has posted, I guess these are the demons exiting our tired souls. Hopefully things ease up after a while, because once I have one of these awful experiences, that's it, I am up all night. I actually got some sleeping pills from my doc and they only made matters worse... I woke up from a nightmare and it was as if I couldn't find my way back to the real world, I was stuck in some sort of acid trip feeling purgatory. (Thank goodness I never got as whipped on that crap) Anyway, you are not alone in this, and the only solutions I've found for this sort of thing is to either A) try and move to a different spot to sleep i.e, from the bed to the floor or the couch, or B) Take a hot shower or bath and then get a fan close to you to blow some cool air on you. I like to visualize the shower bringing all the bad stuff to the surface of my body and then cool air as blowing all the negative stuff away. I hope this helps you out, and I send you nothing but prayers and good thoughts as you embark on the voyage of getting your life and family back to a place where you can find peace. Best of luck to you.