Old 05-12-2011, 07:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
BarelyHere

Wanttobehealthy.....
Thanks for starting this thread. I am still with ah & he is working on his problems but I am also focusing on myself & we will see where it goes.

As I read your post tears came to my eyes. I just had a full physical for the first time in yrs. My dr is also a friend. He asked what was wrong? I thought that was why I was there, for him to tell me.

I have gained wt, am depressed, do not care about anything.
I have 4 kids, 4 businesses, large family & community activities. For over 9 mo. I have been isolating myself. I make excuses for not attending or participating in anything. My car can sit in the driveway for weeks at a time.
I just wish everyone would leave me alone & stop trying to help. If I knew what would help I would do it.

He put me on an anti-depressant. Suggested I try to do things that make me happy & if I need too fake it til I make it, do it. My mind went blank. I couldn't think of anything that I thought I could do that even seemed mildly fun. Hopefully the antidepressant will boost me over the hump.

I was so impressed with your list & ideas. Do it. Try them all!!!!!

My husband & I own our businesses together. So there is no enjoyment there. Only stress. I used to thrive in our being there together & being so successful.
We love to travel. But for a while it just seems futile. Only a lot of money 4 my ah to drink, enjoy himself, & me feel alone.

I hate going out, because I know everyone looks at me & is trying to figure out what is wrong.

I am going to get through this.....and thanks for your post! It is very encouraging! I wish you all the best!!!