View Single Post
Old 08-24-2002, 11:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
morningstar

Re: Suicidal-Read This First

Originally posted by Morning Glory
Suicidal feelings are, in and of themselves, traumatic. After they subside, you need to continue caring for yourself. Therapy is a really good idea. So are the various self-help groups available both in your community and on the Internet.
This is soooo... true. I feel stunned; in a state of mixed disbelief and fear of them recurring. I can honestly say in 53 years on this planet, I never felt the way I did last night. The past 2 years, I've had little tidbits of these feelings, and as an adolescent I romanticized suicide (once with a friend), but last night was torture. It didn't help that I was in physical pain...that too I couldn't run away from. I took pain killers (over the counter), just to placate that part of the problem. That did help.

Physical pain aggravates mental pain.

Thanks again. 5 minutes, 25 minutes, 24 hours. That's what I thought. I'll wash these dishes; sweep this floor; and eventually I was tired enough to sleep...somehow. I also turned up the air conditioning -- hate the heat and humidity here in NYC.

I was also thinking how I wanted to cry and couldn't. After Sept. 11th, I felt the same thing. I couldn't cry, and then I saw Mariah Carey sing "The Hero Inside of You".