View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 05:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
outtolunch

Originally Posted by KerrieforLyle View Post
I have a friend that I'm concerned is using. Please help to answer these questions that I need advise on...

1. Can you inject Percocet? Yes
2. What's the most common Opiate to inject? Pick one/Pick them all. The substance does not matter.
3. Is it odd for a person to use the forearm as an injection site, rather than the inner spot where the elbow bends? NO
4. If someone is addicted to Percocet and is given Suboxone to wean off of it, how long does this usually take? Varies....many move on to abuse a different drug
5. After using Suboxone to withdrawal from Percocet, would the person feel withdrawal symptoms from Suboxone? Yes Or can they just stop taking Suboxone immediately? More likely they will return to their drug of choice.
6. Are swollen ankles a cause of opiate abuse? The belief that a substance will magically make all your probs go away is the cause of Opiate abuse.
7. Would a person be nodding off if taking Percocet? Or would this reaction be caused by a stronger opiate, like Heroine or Oxycontin? Yes to all.

I don’t want to accuse them of abusing a substance because I’m inexperienced when it comes to drugs. Please help to answer my questions and put my concerns at rest. I truly appreciate all the help and information I can get!
What would accusing accomplish? You have no influence/control over your friend's choices. You are not that powerful. None of us are.