Old 05-10-2011, 01:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
RyanRed

Whats that? 2 Weeks down?!?! No.. Cant be!! OMG IT IS!!!

15 days sober today! Thats right a half a month! So that means if anyone asks me, "Hey Ryan what did you acomplish in 2011?." I could say well I was sober 1/24th of it! Wohoo been sober 1/24th of 2011! YEAH! And that number will continue to grow. In 2 more weeks Ill be able to say 1/12. And a month after that 1/6!!

Feels great heading in the right direction now. I just need to clean up some messes Ive created over the years. But thats part of coming to terms with ones self.

So what have I done to stay sober for 2 weeks? Ill share some tips.

1. Coming to this place! SR has been such a crutch for me, and so thankful for it.
2. Think about tomorrow! Keep looking ahead, and know drinking today will only make tomorrow a terriable day. And who wants a terriable day?! Not me!
3. Ignore those mind wondering thoughts about drinking. As you start to feel better, your mind thinks its ok to drink again. But don't listen to that! Its a trap! Your mind is confused because its used to routine, and doesn't know whats good for it. Dont worry the mind will relearn overtime
4. Drink tea! Don't ask me why, but Ive been drinking a lot of green tea lately, and it seems to help.
5. Start to slowly let people know your getting sober. I have been doing this, and the reaction from people with the 'at a boys' really help! The people that get upset you quit, well distant yourself from them. They're just jealous!

Thats really it. Everyone will have their own little things that help them, but those are just mine.

Again woohoo for my 1/24th of a year! Im going drinking! Green Tea that is :P

-Ryan