View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 08:41 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

So, why am I concerned that he could actually get even 50% custody? He can't spend more than 1.5 hours with them alone without blowing a gasket! I am concerned because he is a master manipulator. He can come across as a very calm, playful, humorous individual without a care in the world. What judge will be able to see through that?
This is a legit concern. I won't lie and say "oh it'll all be okay". I have the same exact fear. My AH is charming, comes off as calm, is the emotional abuser described in the links on emotional abuse that are around the site here. I have a very hard time imagining a judge seeing through it since my state makes it clear that the courts try in all cases to keep the kids with both parents- equally- as much as possible. Like your AH, mine loses his patience very quickly with the girls when he's with them. I left him for 1 hr on Mother's Day and went for a walk. I came back and both girls were crying, the house was a wreck and he was angry. 1 hour. I guess I have decided though that I am going to see what happens with the court and move fwd despite my fear of how good of an actor he is bc the current situation is not okay for any of us (girls and I). I really, really understand your fear. It's real.

Yesterday, it was as if Sunday never happened. I don't even know if he remembers the evil, nasty things he said. Just comes home and says "how was your day". Jekyll and Hyde.
I get the same. It's crazymaking and keeps me on eggshells at all times... Never know who is going to be there-- unpredictable is an understatement.