Thread: Antabuse
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 10:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Enoy
Sobriety date April 19th 2011

I'm like Kelly though. Unless it's court mandated ( and tested ) the only way I could really see that being effective is for those "moment of weekness" in the evenings. Otherwise you just flush the damn thing and drink.

Now I can see it's effectiveness if you want to stop but have trouble with that "moment of weakness" so you take it in the mornings when you are sober and it helps prevent you from drinking later in the day.

During my divorce my Ex wife's lawyer tried to get me on it and my lawyer agreed to it until my Dr. told me to refuse. At the time I was only drinking one night a week and he felt like the risk of Antabuse was much higher than the risk of drinking one night a week.

It turns alcohol into a non deadly peanut allergy. Any foods cooked with any kind of alcohol will give you a reaction, rubbing alcohol absorbed through the skin can give you a reaction.

I don't see how taking antabuse is helping the psychological issue at all. It's forcing you not to drink rather than treating the mental issues. so do these people take Antabuse the rest of their lives ?