View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 05:23 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Pete55

I have had a decent understanding of the physical part for some time. It's the mental part I am focusing on more this time around
That's good realizing the easy part first, the pysical and what it exactly is, the metabolism etc..., I believe it is that from my own experiences, one drink and....,

The mental part, well, we know what paths or path is out there and in time God Willing and with your willinness to start learning to live without the drink, it's a new thing.....
Our mind can "tell us" to drink, but if we establish an understanding about the physical craving, mind or no mind it's there and eventually it cannot be denied for much longer during each and everyone's individual journey.
That needs to be clear and accepted first, the physical.

I find it's easier to push the drink away when one is offered these days at famliy gatherings, and it's ok now, plus I don't need to explain the in's and out's, just "no thanks, not today"...,
The thought may linger and fade, but the obsession has gone, so we don't act on the thought.
However, the obsession can be tricked On, billboards, Ad, cultre, "traditions", all centered around alcohol. Eventually I saw through all that...
I find it amusing sometimes when watching sport and a beer ad comes on, I have "power" to mute the volume during the ad. It's a buzz, it really is!