View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 05:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
EmeraldRose

I guess it depends on everyone's different physical/mental makeup. My cravings weren't prevalent. I was at a time in my life where it was time. I soon went to rehab and started AA. The rehab was awesome and besides teaching me tools to remain sober it gave me an idea of why people do what they do or feel what they feel. And one of my problems, how to deal with feelings, because I 'stuffed' them.
Then I had an awakening about my drinking that completely removed all the aspects from my mind. Right now my mind is clear of all thoughts. BUT I have to stay on guard and I know there will be hurdles here and there.
Are you working a program or just not drinking? Generally, from my 30 year career with alcohol merely stopping was not the right answer for me. It wasn't until I started rehab and working a program that I felt that I could completely quit for good.
It does get easier after you haven't drank for a week or so regardless of your program. Getting that booze out of your body will soon give you a clarity and a new idea of how your life should be. Keep going...it only gets better no matter what.