Old 05-01-2011, 05:22 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Fandy

HL, I now have 2 Japanese maples...i planted on about 10 years ago and it is so beautiful...i fertilized it too with those spike things.

the new one is a lace-leaf...and very small, the price at wally-world was only $37.00(grateful)...i still need more dirt and mulch...today i planted 3 hot deep pinky-raspberry geraniums...and watered everything...all the neighbors are giving me many compliments...we have a very walker-friendly road..(it's a private development, i live in an end unit townhouse so i have a lot of garden footage)....i plant trees in the common area by my house too...it is an older complex and very spread out, not cramped...and my backyard faces the woods.

Sneezy i thought you had many kids and pets? (that must be Reubie)? You go girl! and the garden people load the heavy stuff in your car!...nothing like pretty flowers and shrubs outside to spruce up your homestead....keep us posted.(get some Miracle Grow Bloom-booster)

grateful we do not have snow on may 1st! but i have had both the AC and the heat on this past week.....it is about 60 now and going to rain the next 3 days...good for the new plants.

grateful for my contractor who is really under charging me because i am like family to him. His GF is my BFF...and lives across the street....wonderful talented man...he cooked me a hamberger tonight, i had dinner with them.

glad to hear that HL now knows the true meaning of "cat-racing"....mine like to do it at 3AM...the thundering herd on hardwood floors.....

grateful for still having a good weekend despite my mother's downhill slide...grateful to do lots of planting (sunflowers too)....it is very relaxing.

grateful for open windows and fresh air in the house after a long cold winter.
grateful for my deck and lots of critter watching..all the boyz are on patrol and drooling for the birds..the dog could care less...he is above all that until the squirrels are out.
grateful that i am reasonably content and almost happy...that "fake it until I make it"stuff takes the pressure off.
grateful for both physical and mental energy another perk of sobriety.
grateful for not making drama, there is no need for extra tension..life goes on.

see everyone for morning grats and kona coffee.