View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 08:44 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Cassandralee

Thank you again everyone for your kind words and support.

I agree with you susanlauren, there are no shortcuts around grief. I wish there was but I have definately found out that no matter how much I drank, it hasn't helped me and in fact, has made my life even harder. I know it's time for me to try to do the hard work without my crutch and face my grief sober!! One day at a time.

I think I'm ready to give it a go again. I was having group therapy at a road trauma centre at the beginning, and I went for a while, but I found it was too painful and I would cry all the way home and then just drink myself into oblivion.

Now that I'm not drinking, I'm feeling stronger and want to give grief therapy another go.

Originally Posted by susanlauren View Post
Cassandralee,
You might consider looking into a grief support or bereavement group. In my community, these can be found at some local churches, funeral homes and at area hospitals and hospice agencies. I've learned from my own life that unresolved grief is that -- unresolved -- and it comes back to haunt us at a later point in our lives. I am so sorry for your loss.
Susan