View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 07:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Tryin2Recover
Do or do not. There is no try.

Oh man Bodine...First things first welcome to SR my brother. Your story is so similar to mine it brought chills reading it. Nearly identical pasts up to getting sober...I too started early and experimented with everything with the opiates being my downfall. Functioning addict here as well, somehow managed to graduate college while in the middle of my spiral to rock bottom.

Anyways THANK YOU so much for sharing your experiences here with your pain and what not, I too have a bad back that I fear will one day bring me in a similar situation as yours but for now its a day at a time.

You said this that really stuck out to me, "I just dont know how to stop and get the obsession removed again" You DO know how to stop the obsession, you have done it before my friend. You can do it again! You can recover, or re-recover. Start with the most simple things that experienced AAers sometimes forget (ME!)...Honesty, open up, and become willing, fast, to go to any lengths. Please keep us updated here, and good luck.