View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 04:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Lipitor

Originally Posted by LaFemme View Post
Ron I really like your analogy

Lipitor...I'm glad you are well enough to be back to work. Be gentle with yourself...you are still getting over pneumonia. Physical illness can in reader the feelings of loneliness in my experience. You can always come and hang out here...but if the loneliness is a big problem is there something you can do to mitigate it?

Hugs
Hi LF. (T)

THanks for asking about my health . Yes I still have pneumonia, My GP calls it idiopathic atypical pneumonia,,, translated , means , He has no bloody idea.

A plethora of medication , and get back to work, move , exercise blah blah . So im taking his advice.

Lonliness is a thought , I dont manage that thought very well at times , and have to keep check on what I call "The wanting mind".

I have found that if I let myself and my thoughts wander off, into what if land, I can become very ungrateful.

The reality was , I came home to a beautiful 1880s fully renovated home , with great views across a park , gorgeous garden etc.
My 3 daughters are only a phone call or 25 mins drive away , and I know if I called them , any one of them would jump in their car and come to see me,my friends all live close by . etc etc

I think the booze numbed what I would call a "normal" emotion, and I kept numbing it to the point where it became a metaphoric monster.

Thought management ...

Thanks for writing back..

Kind regards

L