View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 01:29 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by Cyranoak View Post
They pick up on everything. Also, however, children of alcoholics often do whatever it takes to get attention-- even negative attention. This quickly can manifest as self-destructive behavior.
I wish I'd known this, oh, 5 yrs ago... How I could have been so stupid to not see the signs of alcoholism or see that my increasing losing of my mind wasn't just bc of sleep deprivation with young kids... The stress I put my poor kids under...

D3 has SERIOUS behavioral issues that I am white knuckle scared to death of. She is in T, gets support from her T at her preschool once a week and yet tonight is an example of how environment plays SUCH a huge roll in this.

D5 and D3 are watching their one allotted show of the day. AH is not around on Wed, Thurs or Fri for dinner with the girls bc he has outpatient rehab & bc I asked him not to come by on these evenings for dinner about a week ago. Guess which nights D3 doesn't completely melt down on? Could be a fluke, but I doubt it. And I don't attitribute this all to AH btw. He and I around each other ='s palpable tension for the kids.

I saw D3's T at her preschool today and told her that dinner all together is on a permanent hiatus and what I've noticed. She's the one who pushed this idea to begin with and today was all "oh that sounds much healthier". I'm beginning to think that putting too much stock in what T's say isn't that wise.

I'm hoping to avoid having these present behavior problems become bigger ones... Fingers crossed.