Thread: Soma withdrawal
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 02:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Jayner

Yep, I did some heavy-duty soma action. I was doing a LOT more than you and for a very long time. The physical and mental effects while I was using were devastating. Finally - I just had to stop - I looked in the mirror and what I saw was not me. I was sick, too thin, and looked so old. I was afraid of the detox, too. But the detox was nothing compared to the fear of detox. In fact (although it's been about 15 or so years), I don't remember any remarkable physical effects from detox. The emotional and psychological effects were pretty strong, I wanted to take more....and that lasted maybe a couple of months. Otherwise I had no problem letting go.

The fear of feeling again probably played a part in not wanting to take them. But I was sooooo sad when I was "high" on them. Not logical, but still true. Since getting off them, I haven't really even thought of using them. And I can feel again....which really isn't all so bad.

I do agree, however, the negative effects far outweigh the positive - this drug just isn't necessary. There are so many better muscle relaxers out there - soma is too dangerous, in my opinion.