Old 04-27-2011, 01:41 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
outtolunch

Originally Posted by beachybabe View Post
Wow, I can really say that all your replies are helping me really realize the reality of the situation and you all are right. I do love this man, but I love my kids more...and they come first. I wish it didnt have to be like this but it seems as im living in a hopefull state of 'what he COULD be" and well i guess im starting to realize how ot really is. [B]Well its gonna be a heartbreak summer for me....[/B

My own heartbreak occured when I realized I had been fooling myself that I had control over my daughter and her addiction. It was really more of an ego break for me to accept my own powerlessness over my daughter and her addiction. As I look back, it was liberating.]

I just dont get tho after TWO rehabs and meetings and books and sponsers and everything..how could someone be in soooo much denial?? And the people that are giving him **** for it are the ppl that really care unconditionally about him...me and his mother! wth!

There are posters here with adult children and spouces who have been at it for decades with no end in sight. Rahab does not cure addiction. At best, it can teach some tools of recovery to someone who is highly motivated to change their own life. None of us can do it for them.

If I leave thats it for good. I told myself when I went back that if it doesnt work the 2nd time, then its never gonna work...i cant keep bouncing from him being in recovery to full blown drugs again and back and forth...its too much
I guarantee you that he is going to try everything within in power to persuade you that this time is different. There are posters here who have been repeatedly persuaded to give their loved one just one more chance, hundreds of times. Nothing changes if nothing changes.

If inclined take a read on the adult children of addicts/alcoholic forums for some insight what living like this does to kids.